Mr. Natkins is an attorney with substantial litigation (courts, arbitration, mediation, etc.) and transactional experience in various areas of the law, including construction, commercial, government (federal, state, and local), contracts (of all types and complexity), and corporate law. He also has notable compliance experience, having served as the Chief Compliance & Ethics Officer for a large multi-national, engineering firm headquartered in New York. Mr. Natkins a result-oriented professional with the know how to manage projects, manage internal and external clients, team build, and strategically plan.
Mr. Natkins’ construction law experience is extensive covering both transactional and litigation matters. For example, his experience includes:
- Drafting, negotiating, interpreting, and administering all types of contracts of varying complexity: Prime/Sub construction contracts (specifications, general conditions, contracts, etc.); CM contracts; A/E contracts; Design Build contracts
- Contract, surety, and bid dispute litigation;
- Professional liability litigation;
- Procurement (including the review and drafting of bid documents, preparing of proposals, contracts, permits, etc.); and
- All types of claims, including delay and extra work claims, differing site claims, lien claims, fraud, tort- and statutorily based claims, change orders, payment requests, and others.
Cornell University, BA, Economics
New York University, PhD Candidate (completed one year of course work and 2-day prelims)
University of Wisconsin Law School, JD
Relevant Private Practice Experience
Wickwire Gavin, Partner in WI office (a leading national construction law firm based in Vienna, VA, now defunct)
- Represented owners (public and private), contractors and design professionals (primarily engineers) on contract matters, public bidding issues, construction liens, and defense of claims.
Natkins Law Office, Sole Proprietor - WI
- Practice areas included: construction, municipal, employment, contracts, regulatory matters, zoning and land use, business organizations, business sales/purchases, real estate subdivisions and condos, economic development, others.
Goldberg & Connolly, Sr. Associate – NY (a construction law firm, representing contractors, subcontractors, and sureties in transactional and litigation matters, now defunct)
- Represented clients sued in state and federal court for defective workmanship, violation of contract terms, exaggerated construction liens, and other legal issues. Legal activities also included filing and foreclosure of construction liens, filing of payment bond and contract claims, construction contract review, negotiations and drafting, and defending sureties in construction related disputes. Interacted extensively with public owners and public project representatives.
Zetlin & Di Chara, Sr. Attorney/Principal – NY (a leading New York construction law firm representing design professionals and owners in transactional and litigation matters)
- Worked closely with senior management, represented well-known regional and national design professional firms, owners, contractors and developers on a wide range of issues, either transactional (reviewing, drafting and negotiating all types of contracts), litigation or corporate in nature.
- Defended clients involved in contract, construction, and professional liability (deficient designs, ineffective inspections, delinquent contract and construction administration, etc.) disputes and personal injury lawsuits. Often worked closely with insurance carriers and their claims specialists throughout the case.
- Counseled clients regarding corporate issues such as shareholder agreements, employment contracts, business operations, and state professional regulations compliance.
Gibbons, PC, Contract Attorney – NY (a NJ based firm with approximately 240 attorneys)
- Managed (up to 5 associates and paralegal) and handled collaboratively with partner more than 150 ongoing property damage/construction litigation cases and claims for Verizon New York.
O’Reilly Stoutenburg Richards, Sr. Attorney/Of Counsel – NY (now defunct)
- Managed (associate and paralegal) and handled more than 150 ongoing property damage/construction litigation cases and claims for Verizon New York.
Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr, Contract Attorney – NY office
- Worked remotely on property loss/construction litigation cases and claims for Verizon New York.
BP Natkins, Esq., Sole Proprietor – IL
- Represent design professional firms and others on a wide range of issues, either transactional (contract review, interpretation, and formation), litigation or corporate (business organization, etc.) in nature.
Other Relevant Construction-Related Experience
PB Americas, Chief Compliance and Ethics Officer – NY (Principal operating company of Parsons Brinckerhoff, a global engineering firm)
- Led development and implementation of all required components of an effective compliance/ethics program consistent with the US Sentencing Guidelines (e.g., training, policy development, compliance monitoring and auditing, assessment of effectiveness of program, etc.), including the research, analysis and summarization, as needed, of many different laws and regulations, including the assessment of their relevancy.
Truss Faber PC provides legal counsel to the construction and manufacturing industries and companies involved in government contracts. Truss Faber’s senior-level team has deep experience and a proven track record of prioritizing results and efficiency over red tape, delivering clever solutions to complex legal problems.